Monday 26 April 2010

Response to Briony's post - Clockwork Orange

Right, more bad cinema: Clockwork Orange. A response to Briony's post which can be found here.

"Kubrick banned the film in the UK for the rest of his life time after reports of "copy cat" crimes." ... "Personally, I believe placing such a heavy ban on the film only upped the film appeal."

I agree, placing a ban on a film, or on just about anything for that matter, will only make people want to watch it more. As for the copy cat crimes.. it is unfortunate, but these people were probably going to kill someone anyway and copy someone else. Not nice, but probably true.

I don't think the film should necessarily have been banned, but neither do I think its something people really need to watch. I have seen it a few times, and each time I didn't enjoy it. Constant drug abuse, and especially rape and extreme violence don't really appeal for a film, and I'm not sure why people would enjoy watching that sort of thing. I know it isn't real, I just don't find rape etc (real or on screen) entertaining..

No comments:

Post a Comment