Thursday 18 March 2010

Drugs


I tend to stay away from drugs. Mainly because when I was 8, I found one of the staff that worked in the pub I lived in, dead in his room because of an accidental drug overdose. It certainly wasn't a pretty sight, let me tell you.

That aside, although I don't particularly like them, I can certainly see the attraction to drugs. They're a temporary escape from reality, everything suddenly feels fantastic and all your problems drift away. Until of course the effects wear off..

This is where the addiction starts; people crave that same feeling again, and won't stop until they get it. People end up lying, stealing and even prostituting themselves to get money to buy more, and the vicious cycle begins.

That being said, not all drug users end up like this. Some are perfectly happy with occasional drug use, and don't get totally addicted. Some people just don't have an addictive personality.

I suppose I could spout some random drug facts, but who is going to listen to me? You're better off talking to FRANK.


No comments:

Post a Comment