Thursday 29 April 2010

Response to Vicki's post on sunbeds


I thought it was really interesting to see a post that was very much for the use of sunbeds. I know someone people like them and use the quite frequently, but I think this post was rather extreme.

"Ok, I absolutely love sunbeds! I don't care what the risks are of skin cancer or if they'll make my skin leathery by the time I'm 30. I LOVE them. I think having a tan is the best feeling in the world... who wants to go on holiday and come back as pale as christmas?"

Maybe it's just me or is this a little drastic? Fair enough, people like to look tanned, but I'm not sure I'd constantly use sun beds just for the sake of making my skin that little bit darker. I really don't think it's that important. Yes, a tan does look nice, but to me it isn't a must have.

I'd rather play it safe and not have a tan than skin cancer or leathery skin..

Vicki's post on sunbeds can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment