Tuesday 6 April 2010

Response to ATTA's post - Drinking Alcohol



Quotes from ATTA's post:



"..I am labelling drinking any amount of alcohol as an immoral and bad act. The consumption of alcohol has really negative outcomes which many are left to deal with.."


"However, if any rational minded person was to weigh up the goodness of drinking alcohol in contrast to the badness the consumption of alcohol has, I need not say what the result would be."


I think most of us would agree that drinking alcohol is something we probably shouldn't do, and ATTA does have a pretty good point here. There are far more negative effects of drinking alcohol than positive ones. That being said, I still don't think I'm going to stop any time soon. This is similar to the argument that the smokers have, they know it's bad for them, and they don't care.


Although I do think this applies more to excessive alcohol drinking, a small glass of your favourite alcoholic drink from time to time could have its benefits in terms of relaxing and taking your mind off things. I do understand ATTA's point though, as I feel the same way about smoking.


Each to their own, I say.

ATTA's please don't be bad blog post on drinking alcohol can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment