Wednesday 14 April 2010

Infidelity

Infidelity is something that many of us are part of at some point in our lives. I have (hopefully!) managed so far not to have a boyfriend cheat on me, and I myself have remained faithful.

Infidelity is happening everywhere. Just look at the number of celebreties at the moment that have been caught cheating on their wives and husbands. Many of my friends, including my sister have had to endure the heartbreak of being a victim if infidelity. It isn't nice, yet it still goes on.

There has even recently been a website launched in Australia promoting infidelity. Carrying the slogan "Life is short, have an affair" it openly encourages its users to cheat on their unsuspecting wives/husbands/partners. It even offers the use of a panic button which will quickly redirect the user to another site if their partner is nearby. Their argument is that many people are in unhappy marriages, often with little, no or boring sex and that these people have the right to find something to solve this.

Am I the only one that sees something wrong with this? Of course, many people are in unhappy, sexless marriages, but I dont know, perhaps people could try working at their problems or, if not, maybe divorce would be better? However, most of these people probably just want to have their cake and eat it. They have the security of a home and family to come home to each night without fears of being alone, plus the added thrill and pleasure of sex on the side.

Even though I don't think it's right I can still understand it though; the thrill of infidelity. The problem is, it isn't half as fun for the person being cheated on.

No comments:

Post a Comment